Acne Treatment in Canyon
Treat unwanted acne at Eau De Vie et Esthetique Med Spa
A skin condition that occurs when your hair follicles become blocked from dead skin cells and oil is known as acne. This condition can allow the growth of pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads on your upper back and shoulders, forehead, chest, and face. Acne is most common among teenagers, though it can occur at any age. If acne becomes severe on one's skin, it can cause the skin to scar along with emotional distress to the person. If acne treatment is started in the early stages, it can reduce the risk of these problems.
Symptoms and Signs of Acne
The symptoms and signs of acne will vary depending on how severe your case is, and how long you've left it go untreated. The common signs include:
- Blackheads develop from open clogged pores on your skin's surface
- Nodules are solid, large and painful lumps beneath your skin's surface
- Whiteheads develop from clogged pores on your skin's surface
- Papules are small, tender, red bumps on the surface of your skin
- Pimples or pustules are papules with pus at the tips
When You Know it's Time to Seek Acne Treatment
There are many over-the-counter remedies for acne treatment; however, if these methods do not work, you will need to seek medical attention. Your primary physician may be able to prescribe a stronger medication to treat your acne symptoms. Still, if these do not eliminate the acne, there are other procedures to help you. One such acne treatment to minimize the appearance of your scarring and prevent acne is Laser Treatments.
Lasers for Acne Treatment
Lasers are proving to be an effective acne treatment done in an in-office visit with the use of a laser machine or other light treatment. You can expect these outcomes from an acne treatment performed with a laser:
- There is no sure answer as to how your skin will react to the laser treatment as the results vary from person to person.
- In most patients, studies report lasers can reduce acne. The laser is not the only method of acne treatment you should use; it should be coupled with other medicines recommended by your dermatologist.
- Research on laser treatments reports patients experience the best results weeks after the treatment has begun. In one study, it took up to four weeks for a fifty percent reduction in the acne and a seventy-two percent reduction by the twelfth week.
- The results of laser treatments for acne are typically long-lasting. It is common, though, for patients to have a follow-up treatment once or twice a year.
- There are possible side effects of having laser treatments for acne, such as swelling or redness of the skin after a treatment. Some patients have reported burns or stings in the area treated. The side effects are mild and disappear within a few hours. There are some rare side effects reported, which include lingering blisters, burns, and pain. These conditions are rare and are why you should have the treatment performed by professionals, such as Eau De Vie Med Spa. Treatments by the professionals at Eau De Vie Med Spa reduce your risk of side effects.
Laser treatments are showing great promise for those suffering from acne. Patients who have suffered from acne cysts have seen clearing on their skin for years after receiving acne treatment through a laser.
What is Laser Resurfacing for Acne Treatment
Laser resurfacing is a procedure to rejuvenate your skin's appearance. A laser is used to treat minor facial flaws, such as acne, and can be performed with an ablative or nonablative laser.
- Nonablative laser- The type of laser stimulates your collagen growth, which will help improve your skin's tone and texture over time. This treatment can be performed through various types of lasers or an intense pulsed light tool. This laser treatment resurfaces your skin in a less invasive manner and requires less recovery time than the ablative laser method.
- Ablative laser- This laser removes the thin outer layer of skin and warms the underlying dermis to stimulate collagen fiber growth. As your epidermis begins to heal and regrow, the area which has been treated will appear tighter and smoother.
Both the ablative and nonablative laser treatments can be performed with a fractional laser. This laser will leave microscopic columns of tissue untreated throughout the area where resurfacing is occurring.
With the laser resurfacing method of acne treatment, you decrease the appearance of fine lines in your face. You can also treat any loss of skin tone to improve your complexion through this treatment. Laser resurfacing cannot treat sagging or excessive skin, but it can reduce or eliminate:
- Scars from sun damage
- Treat your acne and scars left from acne
- Reduce freckles
- Remove damage to the skin from sun exposure
- Remove or reduce visible blood vessels appearing on your skin
Suppose you have suffered skin damage, need an acne treatment or are looking for ways to improve your physical self. In that case, Eau De Vie Medical Spa in Canyon, Tx. invites you to experience their pleasurable spa services in their relaxing and elegant environment. They are ready to guide you through incredible and enjoyable body enhancements.